In Dijon (a photo gallery) - Three Seasons Around France: Spring - CycleBlaze

May 22, 2022

In Dijon (a photo gallery)

A flat ride along the canal today.  Weather is fair and cooler and check-in in Pouilly-en-Auxois is not until 4 so we’re in no rush to dash off this morning.  There’s time for me to grab the camera and walk through town for an hour before we leave.  Even without my glasses (definitely lost now - we’ve exhausted all the ideas, so presumably they’re just lying on the road somewhere between Chalon and here) it’s clear that Dijon has much to offer.  It’s a good thing yesterday’s ride was so exceptional or I’d be having misgivings about having taken a pass on seeing the town yesterday.

Regrettably I can’t say more, but I’ve sworn to keep words and blog time to an absolute minimum while we’re on this mini-tour with friends.  Maybe one of them will say more about Dijon and why it’s important, but if not you can at least riffle through some photos.

Our restaurant last night, and not especially recommended. If you do go though and want the agneau I recommend that you just point to your choice on the menu when you order. Agneau apparently sounds somewhat like rognon (veal kidneys) so you could be disappointed when your meal arrives. Just saying,
Heart 4 Comment 0
Rachael’s injured hand coordinates nicely with her outfit of the day. And it’s looking much better than when we got home from our ride shortly after she whacked it on the wall of a narrow bridge and it was alarmingly swollen. Ice and ibuprofen are working their magic and she’s doing fine.
Heart 3 Comment 2
Jeanna & Kerry SmithThat hand looks really painful. I hope it will be OK.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Rachael AndersonTo Jeanna & Kerry SmithActually it looked a lot worse than it was.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
It’s nine AM Sunday morning, an excellent time to wander around a place like Dijon. Crawling with tourists last night but today the streets are nearly empty.
Heart 4 Comment 0
We’ll, there are a few last minute sightseers making the rounds this morning. Not so many as to clutter up the street or photo bomb the views though, thankfully.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 5 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
Might have been a better choice last night. I wonder if rognon pizza is on the menu?
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
It’s the perfect time to be out, really. The few others you see are just enough to add some character to a scene.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 1
Keith AdamsI remember seeing that building and its "hats". I've never seen its like, elsewhere.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Four gargoyles, Notre Dame Church.
Heart 5 Comment 0
21 gargoyles, Notre Dame Church.
Heart 4 Comment 1
marilyn swettI know they serve a practical purpose as drains for the roof, I think, but they sure are creepy looking!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
51 gargoyles, Notre Dame Church.
Heart 4 Comment 0
The Sunday Market is just firing up when I wander by.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Chair with fan, at the Sunday Market.
Heart 2 Comment 0
You can get anything you want at the Dijon Sunday Market (excepting Alice).
Heart 7 Comment 0
Le Compteur de Temps, a new work placed in 2020. The sphere includes 13 clock faces showing the current time at other locations around the world.
Heart 2 Comment 0
The PTT building in Dijon is even more impressive than that fine one we saw back in Mâcon. Here, they’ve been especially creative by placing it behind the new Le Compteur de Temps work. The two harmonize well together, I think.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 10
Comment on this entry Comment 0