Day 4: A rest day or stress day? - Escaping the smoke - CycleBlaze

August 15, 2021

Day 4: A rest day or stress day?

Fillongley Provincial Park on Denman Island

Heart 0 Comment 0

The day started off quite promising as not only was it was a rest day and therefore there was no need to pack and go but we woke up early and had the joy of watching a pod of whales making their way west in the early morning light. 

The previous night we were informed that our campsite was available for another night so Debb and I headed off to buy more groceries while leaving the fellas behind to tend to some chores.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Trying to keep up to all the necessary charging
Heart 0 Comment 0

Unfortunately the park ranger appeared while we were gone and apologized for a mix up in the bookings. The guys were told to vacate the campsite and move our things to the beach, where we would have to wait until 5 p.m. before we could set up camp in the overflow. We arrived back at camp to find all of our gear strewn about and the rest of the day spent hanging out on the beach.

Heart 0 Comment 0

This did not sit well with Debb as she was unable to relax not knowing where we would be laying our heads down tonight.   She needed some distraction and Gary was able to deliver.

Heart 1 Comment 0

Unfortunately the weather forecast was predicting rain to start in the late afternoon.  As luck would have it a group of campers decided they might not like that and seeing us in our sorry state promised their site to us.  The mad scramble was on and we managed to move all of our things and set up camp just before the rain started.

It was a evening spent in our tent listening to the rain, dining on the last of the Nutella and a can of beans.  Tomorrow would be a short day on the bikes to Qualicum Bay.

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0