Rest day in Motovun - An Autumn by the Sea - CycleBlaze

September 19, 2018

Rest day in Motovun

Actually, this is mistitled. It was a rest day for me, but just a non-biking day for Rachael.  It began with a wonderful breakfast again at our guesthouse, followed by a tour of the town.  It’s the start of our third day here, and we finally made some time to look around.  We got out fairly early before most of the crowds appeared, and largely had the place to ourselves.  Not that it took too long to explore.  Motovun has great atmosphere, and a walk along the top of its intact fortified walls.  But it’s really a pretty tiny place, and it only takes about fifteen minutes to complete the loop.

After that strenuous outing, Rachael and I went our own way for the rest of the day until meeting back at the room a bit before dinner.  She went out for a vigorous twelve mile hike along the Paranzana Trail, and I loitered around the room and a cafe for the afternoon.  I’m really not up for that strenuous a hike, and I’ve had several research items piling up that have been making me feel a bit pressured that I appreciated finding time for without losing sleep over it.

Some photos from Motovun:

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
A four bagger! I think these are part of the same gang roaming around at dinner last night.
Heart 4 Comment 0
This is the walking route up to Motovun. Much shorter that the road, but much steeper and rougher also. This would really be a tough town to be old or infirm in.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
It didn’t seem right to leave Truffletown without sampling the goods. Pork loin with black truffles and grilled vegetables. Meh. It must be one of those delicacies that would be enhanced by a sense of taste or smell.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Watching for the sunset, which came and went without leaving much of an impression.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0