Layover in Zadar - An Autumn by the Sea - CycleBlaze

September 7, 2018

Layover in Zadar

Not much of a report today - I’m taking a bit of a blog-break while we lay over for two days today.  We got out for a ride in the hinterlands this morning, but I didn’t break the camera out once we left town.  Fortunately Rachael’s GoPro was on so we have a bit of a record of riding conditions.  Once we escaped the city and coastal congestion we found good riding conditions on empty farming roads.  Nearer to town though riding was busier than we’d like.

It was cooler today, and not as humid.  It feels almost like an early fall day, and quite pleasant except in midafternoon.  We holed up in our room during the hottest hours and caught up on our sleep, but when we went out again at dinner it was quite pleasant.  Hopefully it’s the start of a trend.

Leaving the old city. I considered asking Rachael to go back to bike through the arch, but it didn’t really sound reasonable.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
I wish I’d looked up in time to get a frontal view of this classy crowd. These women are the head of a dense pack of about fifty Italians walking down the promenade, all dressed to the IX’s, possibly a wedding party.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Rachael is enjoying the show too, for a moment. Somehow we got separated though - she didn’t see me in the crowd, and started following them while I kept walking forward. A bit of panic ensued while we went opposite direc ions trying to find each other. I had both phones, which wasn’t so helpful either.
Heart 3 Comment 0
The view from our waterside dinner table, on a quieter part of the island.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Obviously a good book
Heart 3 Comment 0
It was quiet near our restaurant, but nearer the big sights it was like this.
Heart 0 Comment 0
When the streets are empty, and especially at night, the city is really beautiful.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Fishing off the end of the island. I’ve never seen roadless fishing like this, with only a reel and a line.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

ride stats today: 42 miles, 1,500’; for the tour: 350 miles, 23,200’

Today's ride: 42 miles (68 km)
Total: 350 miles (563 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0