Day 54 - Doyle-Baker ride the Southern Tier - CycleBlaze

April 17, 2018

Day 54

Swanee River State Park, Fl to High Springs, Fl.

A gorgeous day for a bike ride. We left the state park early, on the rode before 8 as it  was to be a long day of riding. Tim did some tinkering with the route last night and cut 8 miles off the original route by taking us down highway 90 for a longer distance. It was busy but with a good wide shoulder it was safe. We loved riding the back county roads , especially CO. 137 and the Elm church Rd.  These roads took us through the Ichetucknee State Park famous for its Spring  which supports a big tourist industry of camping , tubing/rafting/kayaking  on its  spring run which feeds into the Santa Fe River .Tim did the tubing part   while a college student at Gainesville, fond memories of friends, tubes and a cooler on the River. 

Later just before the  High Springs we will cross the Santa Fe River. The Santa Fe flows into the Swanee River. High Springs is popular with the diving crowd and sports a few stores and diving outfitters. We arrive at the Cadillac Motel by 2:30 and have been enjoying a pleasant afternoon sitting out on the patio. 

Florida Springs

Heart 0 Comment 0
try as I might I could not talk Jeff into going tubing today
Heart 0 Comment 0
the bike trail we rode went through a portion of this park
Heart 0 Comment 0
Santa Fe River near High Springs, Fl.
Heart 0 Comment 0

 

Today's ride: 64 miles (103 km)
Total: 2,608 miles (4,197 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0