Day 27 - Doyle-Baker ride the Southern Tier - CycleBlaze

March 18, 2018

Day 27

Bumping along on Ranch Road  334

Saw a beautiful herd of Elk along the way.tLeft Bracketville and Fort Clark Smith after a breakfast in the SAG(support and gear)  bus . Eggs and yogurt is quick becoming the breakfast of bikers. We headed out on Ranchroad 334 which has a flat road chipseal surface, stone and oil, Tim thinks thats its a surface treatment and perhaps thats why it was so rough. Another day of shaking and vibrating  along. Jeff took a close up photo of it which I will post. Some rolling hills but nothing we couldn't handle.

One can tell that you are out of dessert and into ranch country, green grass, trees and wildflowers abound. We ride along side the Neuces River as we get closer to Camp Wood.It is quite hot once again with temperatures in the 90's. 

Maggie had a chain break and Abby had the stem on her tire break causing a sudden and loud exploding,flat, she rode the final 10 miles with George and they repaired it at camp. We are overnight at the Los Rios Campground here in Camp Wood. Bakers and us are sharing an A frame cottage  which is cool and comfortable. Abby cooked us all a nice dinner of chili and garlic bread with salad and everyone retired for an early bedtime. 

We break for lunch with George around mile 30
Heart 2 Comment 0
Neuces River as seen in Camp Wood, Tx
Heart 0 Comment 0
Jeff at the Neuces River
Heart 0 Comment 1
Bob Reidlooking good buddie🤗👍
Reply to this comment
6 years ago
Neuces River looking upstream, the stones are all river bottom and eventually it will fill with water
Heart 0 Comment 0
Neuces River as seen at our campsite
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cabin #2, our abode for the night at Camp Wood
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 51 miles (82 km)
Total: 1,184 miles (1,905 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Bob Reidfound camp wood on our map, another week in Texas eh! Keep safe everyone 🙏🤗
Reply to this comment
6 years ago
Holly KrymisYou are all doing great work, what a beautiful way to take in all the scenery and great shots of Neuces River!
Reply to this comment
6 years ago