Day 12 - Doyle-Baker ride the Southern Tier - CycleBlaze

March 1, 2018

Day 12

Benson, Arizona to Sierra Vista

Another cold sunny start to a hilly ride.  Over the 31.2 miles we had a elevation gain of 1,232.9 feet and a max. grade of 3.7%.  I personally think that the hills lasted 10 miles each, but despite all the climbing the great planners that they are Jeff and Tim had of coasting (well almost) down the last couple of miles to the nights lodging. As Bill said any ride that ends on the downhill is a great ride.  Glad to report that everyone finished the ride in good form, tired but cheerful.Repairs to widen and improve the major intersection at Sierra Vista had us on the sidewalks for a bit but all worked out well. We rode through the city of Huachuca established in 1877 as Fort Huachuca to bring law and order to Arizona. Huachuca remains as an  active  military base, the armies command, control, communication, computers, cyber and intelligence developmental tester.(C5I).  

Mexican dinner for some, soup for others and another day is put to bed.

Todays route and stats
Heart 4 Comment 1
Bob Reidthanks Jeff
Reply to this comment
6 years ago
I do believe the sign is holding Maggie up-right.
Heart 2 Comment 0
beautiful snow covered mountains here at Sierra Vista
Heart 3 Comment 0
miles up is an Army over the horizon motion detector , (looks like a giant goldfish to me)
Heart 4 Comment 0

Today's ride: 31 miles (50 km)
Total: 445 miles (716 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Bob Reidalmost 1/6th the way?🤗
Reply to this comment
6 years ago