Day 2 - Beuron to Riedlingen - Donaueschingen to Prague - CycleBlaze

September 8, 2019

Day 2 - Beuron to Riedlingen

Wet, wet, wet

Today was an interesting day from many aspects.  We rode through a beautiful gorge and were surrounded by both farmland and cliffs.  Out total distance was 65km to the town of Riedlingen in an all day rain plus the temp was about 8C/45F, and to top it off I had a flat.  We really only stopped once for hot chocolate and to warm up.  The café where we stopped was also where I flatted but they had blankets to wrap up in which was a real treat.  Once we reached our destination the proprietor had a hose for us to wash our bikes and panniers and then he greeted us with a glass of scotch or grappa.  It is amazing how that warmed us up, with a shower as the final touch.  Needless to say there was lots of laundry to do but we accomplished it all without too much mess.

Ron one of many bridges that we crossed. Note the wet weather gear.
Heart 0 Comment 0
My bike with a view of the river and the rock formations. If you look closely you will see a very dirty bike.
Heart 1 Comment 2
Susan CarpenterHello Margaret
How do you like touring with your Moots? I have a Routt 45 and it's great.
Love the pink!
Sorry to hear about your flat tires.
Susan
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Margaret KavanaghI love my Moots but I have to admit that for touring it would be better to be mechanical shifting than Di2. I also should have put more heavy duty tires on it from the get go.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Patti beside a canola field.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Me in the canola field, my flower photo for the trip.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Gail JohnsonOf course you are in the middle of the flowers. Nice shot!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
On the road.
Heart 1 Comment 1
On the bridge in my rain gear. The photo is not blurry rather it was taken through rain drops.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Repairing my flat.
Heart 0 Comment 0
More flat work.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Warming up in the café.
Heart 1 Comment 0
On the road in the mist.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Gail JohnsonMist is better than rain - right?
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
The congratulatory drink at the end of the very wet day.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 65 km (40 miles)
Total: 1,246 km (774 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Beth KavanaghRain, mud, a flat tire but lots of smiles. I think you all earned your congratulatory drinks. Love the shots of the canola fields. Absolutely picturesque!!!!

Beth
Reply to this comment
4 years ago