Durnstein to Tulln: I knew it wouldn't last! - Danube 2013 - CycleBlaze

June 13, 2013

Durnstein to Tulln: I knew it wouldn't last!

Durnstein to Tulln 62.85 I knew it was too good to be true!

We left the beautiful wine region of Wachau and Dunstein on another very warm, sunny day. It only took us about 10 kilometres before we managed to get lost for an hour in the city of Krems. Another case where the sign was hidden behind an overgrown tree. Darn! Oh well, I am sure we saw many parts of the city that most people on this trip don't get to see...... Once we got back on track, we crossed the river to continue on the south bank. Other than a couple of short detours, it was pretty much easy cycling into Tulln, were we called it a day. I think Ron was suffering a little from the 7 glasses of Austrian wine the previous evening! For fellow cyclists information re: cellular phones, iPads, and WiFi. We have found that WiFi is pretty dismal in most places, even though the hotel will say they have it, it will not usually work in the room. We have purchased SIM cards for our iPhones in each country from a T-Mobile store. They cost 10 Euros and then we just use the hotspot feature for the iPads. Works great.

Gottweig Benedictine Abbey
Heart 0 Comment 0
Time to park this rig and find some coffee!
Heart 1 Comment 0
A few bikers joined us for coffee.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This was a nice restaurant on the bike path in Traismauer.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This is where the Traisin River joins the Danube. One is blue, and the other is mud.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Altenworth Power Station.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Screech!! This was about a two meter deep hole on the bike path. We thought about unloading the bikes and carrying them down and out. Well.....maybe not a good idea!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Maybe this way?
Heart 0 Comment 0
And this is better?
Heart 0 Comment 0
More problems!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Nice digs!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Getting mud & rocks out of shoe cleats.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Whatever!!
Heart 0 Comment 0
I am not sure what kind of trees these were, but they were beautiful. It was like an orchard of some kind.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Arriving in Tulln, the garden city.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This was a cute coffee stop right on the trail.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 63 km (39 miles)
Total: 1,186 km (737 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0