Valparaiso: Colourful - Cycling Chile - CycleBlaze

January 19, 2018

Valparaiso: Colourful

Valparaiso is on about the same latitude in the southern hemisphere as San Francisco is in the northern hemisphere and the weather so far has been similar with FOG. Hopefully it improves over the next few days or the beautiful views will be obscured. We took the bus to town today for a whole $1.25. The way into Valparaiso was easy but the way home was a little more adventurous, then again we saw some different sites. Once in town we took a funicular up to the hilly distracts of Concepcion and Alegre. We had lots of WAA (wandering around aimlessly) time today taking in the murals, the artisan craft stores and of course lunch. Once we finally made it back to our hotel if was cocktail hour and time for rest.

Pelicans on the rocks outside our hotel. Yesterday we watched them dive bomb like lawn darts for fish in the ocean,
Heart 0 Comment 0
The funicular up from the dock of Valparaiso. It has been in use since 1903.
Heart 0 Comment 0
There are many beautiful murals throughout the areas of Concepcion and Alegre but sadly also lots of graffiti.
Heart 0 Comment 0
An angel to be sure.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Patti climbing one of the many flights of stairs.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another mural.
Heart 0 Comment 0
My favorite.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Also nice.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Riding the local bus was an adventure unto itself. Street performers foot on or a few blocks and performed then pass the hat and stepped off. In Canada? No.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Tossing the dough for my pizza Margarita.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another sunset over Valparaiso.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0