April 10, 2010 - Cochrane to Oakville (Toronto): Getting out of the Snow - Cuba off of the Map (Tours 10 & 11) - 2010 & 2011 🇨🇺 - CycleBlaze

April 10, 2010

April 10, 2010 - Cochrane to Oakville (Toronto): Getting out of the Snow

AFTER A weekend just a few days back when it was +28 C in Cochrane, it was a rude surprise yesterday to have a snowstorm come through and pile up about 15 cm of snow! So maybe the timing was perfect after all!

I was awake even before the kids were up and I wanted them up quickly since I was already missing them. And so they did, and when they knew that KB was coming for the weekend they pretty well ran around in circles until she came over around 10 am.

I had already loaded and taped up the bikes yesterday as well as the BOB trailer, so it was the carry-on and remaining checked luggage to complete and zip closed - and then it was done, too.

The morning out was a beautiful 'winter' wonderland with a bright sun reflecting off of the brilliant white snow. Not having left at my 'normal' crack-of-dawn time, the day proved very long and we did not arrive into Oakville until 7 pm or so; however, passing by Toronto's Pearson Airport (YYZ) was exciting as I could 'see' Sunwing Flight # 680 in every plane that passed overhead. The time was coming!

It was a relaxing evening at Shelley and Dan's though we had missed the housecleaning spree that was underway. The last thing I watched was a National Geographic special on the colonization of Mars - how it seemed possible as long as there was nitrogen on Mars. Hmmm... does that mean Neil would have to come up with www.CrazyGuyonaBikeonMars.com???

I wonder if it would be easier to simply load our entire minivan into the plane... so much stuff... good heavens!!!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Can you see the white stuff outside all around? No, not white sand, it's snow and yes, it had been 29 C just a few days ago!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0