Very last day in Costa Rica - Costa Rica Trails - CycleBlaze

November 5, 2022

Very last day in Costa Rica

On our final day in Costa Rica we toured a coffee plantation because even though I don’t like coffee I was interested in how it is made.  We went to the Britt plantation about 20km from the SJO airport.  The tour was fantastic with 2 very entertaining guides.  I now know everything about how coffee is made but I still don’t like it.  The coffee bean that is roasted is 5 levels down from the fruit that is grown on the tree.  The crop is still hand picked because the fruit ripens individually over 3 months.  We also had a demonstration on how best to prepare coffee.  We were very happy that we did not leave town because the heavy rains caused serious flooding in the countryside.  Once done the tour we just chilled out at the hotel until our flight in the AM.

Flooding on the roads after last nights rain. I am so happy that we are finished cycling.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The history of coffee and how it got to the new world.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A map showing the coffee regions in Costa Rica.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A classic coffee cart of times gone by.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The specific requirements to grow good coffee.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Coffee beans on a tree.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A banana tree in the park. Interestingly they plant other vegetation around the coffee plants to maintain a natural habitat for animal species, sadly including snakes.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A demonstration on how best to prepare and taste coffee.
Heart 0 Comment 0
One of the brands.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The factory name that we visited.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The requirements for good coffee for which the “cupper” looks.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A mother in law plant, a red sharp tongue.
Heart 0 Comment 0
My purchases to share.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0