Something a little flatter - Costa Rica Trails - CycleBlaze

November 2, 2022

Something a little flatter

Today we rode to Santa Teresa and then after lunch drove to Montezuma for our last 2 nights before heading back to San José.  The route was the flattest of all the days but there was still 1000’ of climbing on gravel roads.  However, the highlight of the day was riding on the beach, something that I have never done before.  We also forded several streams to get  there and rode on 100% gravel some of which was pretty tricky.  Everyday I thank Sylvie for my mountain biking lessons because they have come in very handy on this trip.  We are now in Montezuma for 2 nights before returning to San José.  One of our guides was very helpful in securing some antibiotics for Tim’s ear infection, so let’s hope it settles down.  We are undecided as to what will happen tomorrow because no matter which way you go from here it is straight up and I am not doing that.

Tim fording another stream
Heart 0 Comment 0
The gang crossing the stream
Heart 0 Comment 0
Tim riding on the beach
Heart 2 Comment 0
One of the many crabs that we saw scampering across the beach.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Me on the beach, this was a blast.
Heart 2 Comment 1
Beth KavanaghAwesome picture! I think I would enjoy this type of cycling:)
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Me fording the stream, one of several.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Did we say there was mud as well.
Heart 3 Comment 0
The 2 of us on the beach where we cycling.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Heather ParryYou guys look great! Thanks for sharing your very unique biking adventure.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
A beautiful example of a Guancaste native and protected tree. This is also the name for one of the 7 provinces in Costa Rica.
Heart 1 Comment 0
More on the beach
Heart 1 Comment 0
Again
Heart 0 Comment 0
There have been 3 flat tires among the cyclist however all 3 were by the same American guy on a gravel bike rather than a hard tail mountain bike. Today our van got a flat.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Tim taking charge and doing some traffic control while the guides fixed the flat. He was wearing the perfect jersey for that.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Heather ParrySomething to consider for your retirement??
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Juan Carlos the senior guide on the beach.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 30 km (19 miles)
Total: 30 km (19 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0