More San José - Costa Rica Trails - CycleBlaze

October 23, 2022

More San José

A puppy metal sculpture on the main st whose posture reminds me of Murphy.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another one.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Clock tower fountain.
Heart 0 Comment 0
There was also an art exhibit in the jade museum.
Heart 1 Comment 0
This is a vomit spatula used by shamans. One of the questions asked was do shamans exist today? Yes they are called naturopaths and chiropractors.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Gail JohnsonOh, now that will make you puke!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Some of the ancient artifacts
Heart 0 Comment 0
More artifacts including jade which comes in very different colours from the greenstone of NZ.
Heart 0 Comment 0
One of the displays but notify the glass floor with a tree canopy.
Heart 1 Comment 0
An exhibit of a funeral years ago
Heart 0 Comment 0
The national museum that is in the old armoury.
Heart 1 Comment 0
This interesting statue called “A New Paradigm” is in a national park.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Tim doing a high five.
Heart 3 Comment 0
I went for the low 5 so I didn’t have to squat.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The music venue.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The other fat lady sculpture on the main st.
Heart 0 Comment 0

We are struggling to find enough to keep us busy here in San José given the size of the city.  We were warned that 5 days was too much but unfortunately that was after we booked our tickets and there are so many options when flying AC.  Ideally 2 full days are probably enough. Nonetheless we did find a few new things to do and we have more for the next few days before we leave.  We visited the Jade museum which is both an amazing building but also has an interesting exhibit about jade and all of the culture around it.  There is an amazing collection of artifacts in excellent condition that date back as far as 300BC.  
After the visit we wandered about some more and stopped to listen to some music in the open air in front of the museum. 

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0