So-Called "Last" Compound Covid Test - From the Compound to the World - CycleBlaze

May 30, 2022

So-Called "Last" Compound Covid Test

The big lockdown is now officially over.  It lasted 60 days.  The guy in the white hazmat suit came banging on our door for the last time as we went out for the final covid test.  It was almost a relaxed and jovial atmosphere and they had moved all the remaining tables and fences away.  The testing site was in the original position as in March and we lined up in a casual manner.

Later we received official notice that the entire compound would be getting out.  No more temporary passes and no more time limits.  This was the real deal.  We would also be responsible from now on to get our own covid tests on the street every 72 hours.  Just like that, no more Mommy and Daddy neighborhood committee running our lives and doing everything for us with these near-daily tests.  It was almost surreal.  It felt like growing up.

Heart 3 Comment 0

Inner-city public transportation will be restored in full from June 1, with the covid pandemic resurgence effectively brought under control, the municipal government announced.  All residents in areas other than medium-risk, locked-down, and controlled areas will be able to leave their compounds freely and use their private cars from 12am Wednesday.  Community committees or property management firms are prohibited from restricting residents' movement in any manner, according to the announcement.

But we would always be treatened with the possibility of reverting back into lockdown sometime in the future.  This turned out to be true over the next few months, whether it was individual compound lockdowns or larger scale ones.  

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0