Downsizing Mega-Project Phase 1 Completed - From the Compound to the World - CycleBlaze

January 19, 2023

Downsizing Mega-Project Phase 1 Completed

The lockdown was suffering on a whole other level, nobody can deny that.  

But when faced with a situation like that, you have to do whatever constructive things are possible given the opportunities.  For starters, our marriage got stronger due to this shared lockdown experience.  Amazingly, we hardly ever fought.  There was also getting to know our neighbors.  But as I said before, why does it take a lockdown for this to happen?

The downsizing project mentioned earlier was a massive success.  All my stuff had been in storage since the summer of 2020.  The goal was to whittle it down to basically nothing, and that was achieved as of last week.  I made the last and final trip to the storage locker and cleaned the whole thing all out.  The key was returned and the contract finished off.  It was an amazing feeling to have done all this!

Now the project can enter a more digital aspect to manage the myriad of files both online and offline.  As well I can make sense of all the papers that were digitized.  Whatever happens next is going to be a lot more streamlined.

Covid also taught me that you always have to be prepared for an emergency.  Living with a bunch of stuff clutters your life and prevents you from acting in emergencies.  Going forward I am going to be a lot more judicious about what kind of stuff I buy and allow to sit in the house.

  

Enter the storage room.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
That's the way it is meant to be done. Goal achieved!!
Heart 0 Comment 0
People going about their day and enjoying normal life
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0