Day 9 - Landrais to Saintes - Cognac 'n' Oysters - Tandem Tour - Sept 2017 - CycleBlaze

September 27, 2017

Day 9 - Landrais to Saintes

Heart 1 Comment 0

One more day on the road. The weather was heating up, and I was probably running a fever as well. But with only one more day to ride, I decided to just get it done.

It was a beautiful morning, and the roads were, as usual, impeccable.

Beautiful roads in this part of the world!
Heart 1 Comment 0

I forced Robin to make a detour for a dolmen - these are prehistoric structures that are often in the most interesting places - like this one in the middle of a field.

I love dolmens!
Heart 3 Comment 0

The countryside was rolling as we inched toward Saintes.

More beautiful roads
Heart 1 Comment 0

Hmm - another routing mistake! I took us right through the middle of this guy's farm. No one seemed to mind, though...

Interesting routing choice - who came up with this?
Heart 1 Comment 0

We had a nice lunch in St Savinien.

Lunch in St Savinien
Heart 1 Comment 0

And then crossed the Charente one more time.

Crossing the Charente in St Savinien
Heart 1 Comment 0

The run in to Saintes was tough for me. I was suffering. But eventually the city sign showed up. We made it!

We made it!!
Heart 2 Comment 0

The final km of a bike ride always seem to go too quickly. Suddenly, we were back at the car unloading.

Back to the car
Heart 1 Comment 0

Our trip continued with a few nights in Cognac and a visit to some friends near Bergerac. But since no bikes were involved, this journal will end here.

Today's ride: 63 km (39 miles)
Total: 404 km (251 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0