Day 4 - Rochefort to La Rochelle - Cognac 'n' Oysters - Tandem Tour - Sept 2017 - CycleBlaze

September 22, 2017

Day 4 - Rochefort to La Rochelle

Heart 0 Comment 0

In the morning, Robin realized that she had lost her jacket, so we stopped off at a Decathlon on the way out of town to get a new one. I waited in the parking lot with the bike, which got a lot of funny looks from the locals.

Waiting at Decathlon for the new jacket purchase
Heart 1 Comment 0

Once again, great bike paths and empty roads led us out of town.

More great bike paths leaving Rochefort
Heart 1 Comment 0

We rode along the beach for much of the morning. Around lunch time, we passed a mussels and frites shack that was too cute to pass up. So we didn't!

Lunch stop for mussels and frites on the beach
Heart 2 Comment 0

We shared the bike path with pedestrians, although there weren't many out. Since we were only "tolerated", we were on our best behavior!

We are only tolerated! Hmph!
Heart 1 Comment 0

Over a sweet old bridge and we were in the harbor of La Rochelle - almost too quickly!

Harbor bridge entering La Rochelle
Heart 1 Comment 0

We found out hotel, the "Hôtel Saint Nicolas La Rochelle" without problem. They let us put our bike in the internal car park, but our room wasn't ready yet. So we went out sightseeing in our bike clothes for a while.

Touring La Rochelle in bike clothes
Heart 1 Comment 0

After about an hour, we went back to the hotel and our room was ready. We cleaned up and changed, and spent the rest of the day climbing up and down in old stone towers.

Touring La Rochelle
Heart 3 Comment 0

Today's ride: 45 km (28 miles)
Total: 230 km (143 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0