Day 11 Warrnambool to Princetown - Adelaide to Melbourne - CycleBlaze

October 18, 2009

Day 11 Warrnambool to Princetown

The Great Ocean Road at last. Between Mepunga and Niranda we met our second cycle tourist, a German riding a small wheel folding bike. He was dressed in dark clothing and had black panniers. He said that he bush camped mainly to save money and was also tired of the continuous wet weather and cold winds. Our morning tea stop was at Peterborough and as it was the day of the Around the Bay Ride I phoned Noel and Melisa to find out how they were going with the signs. (I usually partner Noel erecting and subsequently removing directional signs for a section of the annual Around the Bay Ride which attracts up to 16,000 participants but as I was otherwise engaged Noel's wife Melisa stood in for me.) We continued to Port Campbell for our lunch stop then rode along calling in at a number of the famous lookout spots over the cliffs with views of the sea stacks.

At the end of this stretch we reached our next overnight stop at Princetown, a nice spot overlooking the Gelibrand River.

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
The sun might be shining but that wind was still cold!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Gellibrand River at Princetown
Heart 0 Comment 0
Mike's gear drying out.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 95 km (59 miles)
Total: 920 km (571 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0