So Much for April... - Circling the Windy Mountain - Tandem Tour - May 2023 - CycleBlaze

April 10, 2023

So Much for April...

Well, April is not going to happen.

The weather is definitely improving.  We got out on the tandem today for a nice 2 hour ride - our usual training loop.  There are blooming trees everywhere (sneeze sneeze), and the grape vines are showing a little bit of green.

But we've made several commitments this month that make it difficult to squeeze the ride in.  And this is supposed to be fun, right?  Not something you do under pressure!

So we're postponing until May.  Our new date is May 23rd.  We'll do this short tour and then go directly to the French Tandem Club "Concentration of Tandems" in St-Jean-du-Gard in the Cevennes.   In the interest of anthropology, we'll include a brief report of that 3-day meetup in our journal.  Expect lots of eating and drinking and  occasional cycling.  :)

In the meantime, we'll enjoy all of the great trips in process on Cycleblaze!

Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Janice BranhamI'm all for the notion of keeping things manageable and relaxed, just not very good at it considering our furious plan for the year. Looking forward to following your adventure on the new rig.
Reply to this comment
11 months ago
ann and steve maher-wearyHi Rich and Robin, Ann and Steve here. We are returning to Toulouse on April 25th and looking forward to checking out the Canal du Midi and "environs". We will head south to Carcassonne and then on towards the Mediterranean. We would love any suggestions you might have for checking out your corner of France. annmaher1@yahoo.com
Reply to this comment
11 months ago