Day 24 to 25 - Milan and flying home: 24 hours on a plane is horrible - It's Italy not Macedonia. Oh well. (2015) - CycleBlaze

October 11, 2015

Day 24 to 25 - Milan and flying home: 24 hours on a plane is horrible

I had an OK trip back to Milan on the train (about 3.5hrs). Unfortunately, the carriages were in the reverse order to what I had guessed, so it was a bit of a rush to get to the right part of the platform, collapse the bike and get it and the bags onto the train. You know that thing when you are rushing and end up becoming flustered and buttery-fingered??

I arrived back at the chrome, black and mirrored Milan hotel with the horrible lighting at about 6pm and spent about 10 minutes packing the bike. This is the advantage of the bag (rather than box) even if it is even more frightening sending it off with the baggage handlers...

Following a recommendation from the hotel staff, I walked around the corner to a restaurant called L'Alba d'Oro which was excellent.

Mixed lightly cooked seafood on a piece of bread, with olive oil, lemon and some parsley. Very very good.
Heart 0 Comment 0

After the Panzanella di Mare (aka sea-foody bread), I had tagliatelle with sword fish and cherry tomato. I can recommend this restaurant if you are in Milan, it was very tasty!

The next morning was out to the airport and a flight with Singapore Airlines via Singapore to Sydney. Singapore Airlines are great - but it was still horrible...

Today's ride: 10 km (6 miles)
Total: 728 km (452 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0