The bikes - The cat named Chevy won't stop this tour, and neither can COVID - CycleBlaze

The bikes

Jacinto can't decide which bike to ride. The fancy, new Rodriguez, or the old Surly that is just right.

This is a Rodriguez Bike from Seattle. Jacinto went in expecting to order a custom frame, but they have 22 stock sizes. He fit one! This bike has a belt drive and a Rohloff hub. It's the cat's meow.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Jacinto's dependable 2009 Surly LHT. He has two fancy IGH bikes, but keeps coming back to the Surly as the perfect bike. Notice the Air Zound horn, the better to scare attacking dogs with. The rear rack has old single layer Jandd Hurricane panniers, and a Jandd rack pack on top.
Heart 0 Comment 0
2010 Stratus XP K frame with an AD Carson (Recycled Recumbents) seat. 19 oz. Arkel Dry Lite Panniers on the rear rack. 41 oz. Ortlieb Gravel Panniers on the underseat rack. I have two feedbags as bottle holders on the handlebars. The eoGear Century top tube bag holds a couple of bars, cash, and other items I might need during the day. The small yellow bar bag is homemade, just the right size to hold my phone. I have a trusty Dinotte tail light. This year I've added a Cygolite 350. Whatever it takes to get a distracted driver's attention! Let's not forgot the custom wheels by Sugar Wheel Works in Portland and the ever so handy Clickstand that holds the bike up.
Heart 0 Comment 0
I'm guessing that Tom Swanson is riding the same bike this year. Tom is joining us for the first four days. It will be great to ride with him once again.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0