Jacinto rides to Hannagan Meadow. Kelly takes a rest day. - The cat named Chevy won't stop this tour, and neither can COVID - CycleBlaze

June 10, 2020

Jacinto rides to Hannagan Meadow. Kelly takes a rest day.

Jacinto couldn't sit still today, he decided to ride to Hannagan Meadow Lodge and use our $135. credit. That is enough money to pay for their smallest room and $45. credit in the restaurant. I told him to order the most expensive item on the menu.

I spent all winter dreaming of the ride up all of the curves on the Coronado Trail to Hannagan Meadow. As I sat home on the sofa in front of the fire, 11 miles of double digit grades seemed far away. Reality hit this spring and we changed our plans to go around into New Mexico. The lodge would not refund our money, but instead save us a credit for one year. Jacinto decided he might as well use it.

Jacinto has arrived and showered. His bicycle is in the conference room. He said the climb 'wasn't bad' and that he had a 9 mph average. If his average was that low, I don't want to think what mine would have been. I will fill in more details when I get them. So far we are just texting.

Jacinto will spend the night there. I'm staying in Alpine. Tomorrow I will ride a cruising 27 miles to Springerville. Jacinto will ride from HM, giving him 22 miles to Alpine, plus the 27 to Springerville. He will stop by our lodge and pick up his three panniers before continuing on.

Jacinto has one pannier with the essentials. He said the front end of the bike flops around too easily now.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0