Story: The first taste of French food - Channel to Atlantic in France - CycleBlaze

July 25, 2017

Story: The first taste of French food

Everything about our first encounter with France and the French stands out in my memory. And each new encounter only increased our desire to see more, hear more, experience more of this remarkable country. After leaving the ferry terminal in Cherbourg it took us a while to locate the rental car agency. Then we had a hard time finding the hotel, which was actually outside the city on the road to Auderville. (I tried to find it again on this tour, but I couldn't remember the exact turnings needed to get there). Anyway, when we finally arrived it was late and the hotel restaurant was closing. Was there any other place to eat in the neighborhood we asked the proprietor? No, he replied it was too late." But monsieur, we have just arrive from England, and we haven't had anything to eat", we pleaded; "Oh, in that case I'll see what I can do" he said, and in a minute we were tucking into a delicious stew of seafood with fresh bread to soak up the sauce and drinking a nice white wine. We were starting to like this place.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0