Munich (Oct. 5 and 6, 2022) - CentralEurope - CycleBlaze

October 5, 2022 to October 6, 2022

Munich (Oct. 5 and 6, 2022)

We are done with the riding part of our trip but still dealing with a few bike-related chores. We woke up after the two trying days and sorted out our clothes to do a trip to our public storage unit, which involved some brain power as to what we did or did not need. We then rode our bikes to Zwierad Stadler to turn our bikes in for some service while we were in Italy. There, we learned that the process for service is to go on their website - which of course is in German only- to make an appointment.  At first they were going to refuse us, but we looked so pathetic the guy relented and made an exception. It wasn’t entirely clear the bikes would be ready by Oct. 10, our last day in Europe, but we are hopeful. 

The walk from our storage unit to the subway station. It was a gorgeous fall day.
Heart 3 Comment 0

Unfortunately, I woke up with a headache that didn’t go away and by evening I was pretty sure I was getting sick. I reported to Dave by 8 pm that I doubted I could get on a train the following morning so Dave arranged for another 250 euro night at the Ibis for the following day. He  also spoke to our friends in Italy letting them know the status.

A lovely evening in Munich
Heart 3 Comment 0
The moon rises over a bustling city.
Heart 2 Comment 0

Happily I woke up the following day not feeling recovered but feeling much better so that Dave had the pleasure of going down to the Munich train station to see if he could rebook the train for the following day which he managed to do for an additional 300 euros.

A 45 minute wait at the DB ticket office.
Heart 3 Comment 0

We are now on the train to Italy, bike free but feeling like we had an amazing trip. We are signing off now except for some later reflections until next year's trip.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0