Plymouth (Devon) - North from Casablanca - CycleBlaze

May 3, 2012

Plymouth (Devon)

B&B and a pub

The ship's carpeted floor in the rest area is surprisingly comfortable; the other passengers are quiet; the Atlantic has barely a ripple; I sleep for around six hours. 

The day is spent doing what you can do on a ferry, which is not very much. Brittany Ferries charges four quid an hour for a Wi-fi service, so surfing the Internet is out.

Sunshine over the calm Atlantic
Heart 0 Comment 0

Once we dock in Plymouth at just after 4:30 PM, it's a matter of waving goodbye to Phil, Felix and Roger as we all go our separate ways - mine being to find a B&B. 

Felix's bike (Impact)... minus the seat
Heart 0 Comment 0

The sun that shone early this morning over the Atlantic has vanished and it looks like rain is on the way, but a short ride from the terminal is Citadel Street, which has cornered the B&B market in Plymouth. 

I get a ground floor room that also accommodates my bike, then pop to a cash machine to get some UK pounds and call in at a pub on the way back for a bite to eat (beef & wine pie with broccoli, mashed spuds and gravy) and wash it down with a couple of pints of a beer called Heligan Honey, brewed in the neighboring county of Cornwall. Nice.

No language issues now... this's my own backyard and getting a map of decent of Devon is top of my to-do list.

Today's ride: 1 km (1 miles)
Total: 2,450 km (1,521 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0