Adelaide - Canberra to Adelaide Sitting On a Thorn - CycleBlaze

December 14, 2017

Adelaide

Today was the rest day after a hard 106km and the day after the riding for the whole tour was finished. I slept in until after 8am and relished the feeling of not having to get up get moving. There were a few things to do, but it was a day of real rest.

A highlight of this day was finding out about the Adelaide Central Market and visiting it. Great place. I also walked other parts of the CBD, bought a cheap bag to carry all the panniers on the train tomorrow. The next travel stage will be to Melbourne by train on the rail service called The Overland. It runs a few times each week. Booked online for $99 plus $50 extra for the bike.

My riding colleague John rolled into Adelaide this evening a day earlier than expected. He had ridden a side-trip to Goolwa and McLaren Vale.

We ate a very tasty final meal of the tour. Farewell John. Safe travels back to Brazil.

Rundle Mall Central Adelaide
Heart 0 Comment 0
Interesting to see an Adelaide path used as a Timeline for gay rights. Australia recently passed marriage equality laws.South Australia has been at the forefront of these reforms for almost 50 years.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Then I discovered the Adelaide Central Market. Hours of fun here wandering around the amazing array of food.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0