ABOUT the ORIGINAL TOUR IDEA: - Canadian "Heavy Rescue" Solo Tour 2021 - "Detoured Again" - CycleBlaze

November 13, 2019

ABOUT the ORIGINAL TOUR IDEA:

"Starting the truck is freedom." by Jamie Davis, Motor Truck & Auto Towing

Heart 0 Comment 0

Tour Theme Song:  Towman  by Travis Kidd

NOTE: COVID postponed this trip, but it didn't cancel it!  The 2021 version will be better than  it could have been in 2020.   

The Canadian "Heavy Rescue" Solo Bicycle Tour 2021 was designed around the reality TV series “Highway Thru Hell."  The show highlights the professional heavy rescue towing experts of British Columbia and Alberta.  The 35-day bicycle tour will start in West Seattle, WA and enter Canada north of Sumas WA at the Canadian border town of Abbotsford, BC.  

From there east to Yahk, then north to Banff  (approx. 850 miles / + elevation  54,068 feet).  From Banff ....

... the route then runs popular "Icefields Parkway" to Jasper.  The route will include the long climb over the Sunwapta Pass, the 2nd highest point on the Icefield Highway.  

Mount Robson
Heart 1 Comment 1
Tamora StumHi Dale, You are a biking nut!! Looks exciting!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago

From Jasper west to Tete Jaune Cache and the Robson Valley.   The route will include spectacular views of Mount Robson, the most prominent mountain in North America’s Rookie Mountsin range, and the highest point in the Canadian Rookies.  From there southwest to Kamloops and the Nicola Valley to  Whistler   (approx.  560 miles / + elevation 33,475 feet).  

The final leg from Whistler BC to Seattle, WA, will include a public bus from Whistler to Squamish to Horseshoe Bay, Canada.  In Horseshoe Bay I will take two ferries to Nanaimo and then onto the southwestern corner the Tsawwassen Peninsula and of the City of Delta.  From there I'll ride to the Peace Arch, Historical Park and cross into the U.S. and finish in Bellingham, WA.   There, I plan to grab Amtrak to Seattle. 

The final leg home (Pennsylvania) is scheduled for September 15, when I board Amtrak again for a trip across the United States!  What a way to end the tour right!

* Special Link:  Song to Wifey  - Thank you for supporting my adventures, it means so much.  See you soon; keep dancing while I'm gone!

Rate this entry's writing Heart 8
Comment on this entry Comment 4
Daniel SpanglerHell yeah! Great exploration both or the self and the geography! Go Tow!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Keith A. SpanglerTo Daniel SpanglerThanks for helping me exercise this new sharing tool!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Ron SuchanekI look forward to following your journey. That's beautiful country.
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Keith A. SpanglerRon, hi. Thanks for writing I still don’t know if the borders will open so.... I’m flying to Seattle in July regardless to visit family so hoping to ride to Glacier if Canada falls through. Have you biked Canada? Chat soon.
Reply to this comment
3 years ago