Tour de Victoria - Canada 150 - CycleBlaze

July 13, 2017

Tour de Victoria

We had 30 riders broken into three groups for the ride today. Two groups road the long route that had 2500ft of climbing. The short group rode 50km. All groups rode the beautiful coastline on Victoria, stopped for coffee and took in the sites. I also saw 10 deer during our ride today.

The group at the start of the day.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The stop at the Terry Fox monument at Mile 0 in Victoria. Terry Fox attempted to run a marathon a day across Canada on one good leg and his artificial leg to raise money for cancer research. Sadly the cancer that took his leg returned after over 5000km/3000mi and he had to abandon the run. He secumbed to the cancer but not before creating a foundation that lives on today through the annual Terry Fox run. To date over $650 million has been raised by the foundation.
Heart 0 Comment 0
How west coast. A bald eagle on the top of a totem pole.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We stopped to feed the seals. Here is one waving at us.
Heart 0 Comment 0
In Victoria they place pianos in various parks for people to play. Here is one at Cattle Point with two our group playing a duet.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another west coast moment. Sea kayaks along the coast.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Just 1 of 10 deer.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 81 km (50 miles)
Total: 636 km (395 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0