Day 3 Duras loop - Bubbles, White and Red - CycleBlaze

September 23, 2022

Day 3 Duras loop

The sweater sisters. Three sisters but 4 sweaters, guess who bought two.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Collectively we decided to shorten our route to have an easier day but also to enjoy the village of Duras.  Some of the planned route for today was the same as yesterday so we cut that off and went from a 54km day to a 45km day.  This allowed for a lovely coffee stop in Monségur and a tour of the local market. This was a good thing for the proprietors because 4 sweaters were purchased.  The terrain was rolling with some good hills for those without motors but all did well.  We managed to get back to Duras in time for a great pizza lunch.   Some went to the castle while others napped.  The pizzas at lunch we so good we went back to the same place for dinner.  Many had moules and frites (mussels and fries).

Off to Saint Emilion tomorrow.

Today’s route with the amendment in yellow.
Heart 0 Comment 0
An amazing cake at the market.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Also dried and sweetened hibiscus flowers, who knew they were edible.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The church in Monséjur the market town.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Along the road.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another church en route.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A château en route with the gang riding up the hill beside it.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The road was completely blocked so studying the maps to fins a way around it since there wasn’t a detour sign.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Entering Duras.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A 24/7 pizza machine. We saw a similar machine for bread in a small village.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Les moules
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 45 km (28 miles)
Total: 446 km (277 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0