Day 2 on the Loire, off to Blois - Bubbles, White and Red - CycleBlaze

September 17, 2022

Day 2 on the Loire, off to Blois

The route from Amboise to Blois.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Having a little fun at the castle. Again you have to grow old but you don’t have to grow up.
Heart 2 Comment 1
Wendy Jonesdon't do it Margaret, don't do it! She's fine lady!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago

We left Amboise about 11AM after a visit to the Amboise château.  The ride was not difficult being only 45km with about 1000’ of climbing but we fought a head wind the entire way which made it a bit cool.  There is some sort of heritage holiday this weekend which makes museums cheap but also busy as are all of the restaurants.  We passed by the Château Chaumont sur Loire but decided not to stop due to the crowds.  We did stop for a lovely picnic lunch before carrying on to Blois for the next 2 nights.  We enjoyed some lovely tapas for dinner.

The castle as we saw it coming up from the lower town. What remains is only about 20% of the original castle.
Heart 0 Comment 0
They are restoring the chapel in the old tradition. This stone carver is working on one uncomplicated piece that will take all day.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The bridge over the Loire from the castle.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Leonardo da Vinci lived her for several years before his death. The painting is of his death with the king at the time holding Leo.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The family Kavanagh at the Amboise castle.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The château from the gardens at the upper level.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The burial place of Leonardo da Vinci. He was born almost exactly 500 years before me.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Off we go from Amboise to Blois.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Château Chaumont sur Loire from the bike path
Heart 0 Comment 0
Some fun fall decorations along the cycle way.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lunch
Heart 0 Comment 0
The sign posts that lead the way.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Entering Blois from the south side of the river
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another view
Heart 0 Comment 0
From the other side of the bridge
Heart 0 Comment 0
My dirt beer at the end of the day
Heart 0 Comment 0



Today's ride: 45 km (28 miles)
Total: 227 km (141 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0