Day 1 Cycling Bordeaux to Langon - Bubbles, White and Red - CycleBlaze

September 21, 2022

Day 1 Cycling Bordeaux to Langon

We left Bordeaux about 10 this morning after a shake out of our bikes and a group photo.  We had a lovely ride along a cycle path out of Bordeaux for almost 20km before we started riding on D roads with very little traffic.  We rode through the wine region of Bordeaux which included several rolling hills past many vineyards and châteaus.  We ended that day in Langon at a 3* hotel that had a 1* Michelin restaurant.  From my perspective it may have been great food but it was not to my liking.  Again classic French in that it look great and some of it tasted great but not my choice in meals.  To simplify things if was either tuna tartare or duck liver for the appetizer and then sweetbreads or a fish stew for the main course.  There was lots of bread and a good dessert thank god. 

The gang as well headed off in the am.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A close up of the gang.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Brother John on the trail. We rode almost 20km of an old railway trail, like the GG towards Sooke, as we left Bordeaux.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Me passing some vineyards and a château.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A giant coq which is emblematic of France
Heart 0 Comment 0
This the rail trail made from an old railway bed and named after a man who won the 1937 Tour de France.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The bike path signs and it even has its own road number D803.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The beautiful Bordeaux grapes.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The château we passed which of course on the top of a hill. This one is lived in.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Patti at the top of the steep hill with the château in the background. Sadly I think we do this route in reverse leaving Langon tomorrow.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Where we stopped for a picnic lunch.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 68 km (42 miles)
Total: 349 km (217 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0