Arrived in Paris - Bubbles, White and Red - CycleBlaze

September 8, 2022

Arrived in Paris

The Kavanagh clan waiting for the flight to Paris in the YYZ lounge.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Deborah MarchDennis an d I walked up those stairs...so many years ago. I definitely couldn't do it now. :) Will enjoy being an armchair traveler on your blog. You and Tim look like twins!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago

After 3 flights, 2 of which were delayed, we made it to Paris albeit 1.5 hours late.  Fortunately, I had prearranged transport that was there to meet us once we sailed through customs.  I think we were out of the airport before some people were even off the plane, love carry-on only.  Hilary and Christopher also had a delay but in the end we arrived about an hour apart which was the original plan anyway.  Since the main goal for today was to stay awake we walked from our hotel in Montmartre to the Arc de Triomphe.  I had pre-purchased tickets so we skipped the line and walked up all 290 stairs to the top for a view of Paris.  After that we stopped for a beer and took the metro back to the hotel to save our feet and knees.  Finally, we enjoyed a wonderful Italian dinner at a place just around the corner from our hotel.  Hopefully tonight I will have a good sleep.

The flight attendant asked me to stow my helmet but since there was nowhere to put it I just put it on my head.
Heart 1 Comment 2
Gail JohnsonGreat look Margaret!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Beth ArtThat did make me giggle. Thanks
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
The Champs Élysées from the top of the Arc de Triomphe.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Again but notice the crazy traffic going around the Étoile that has 12 exits.
Heart 4 Comment 0
The Eiffel Tower from up top.
Heart 5 Comment 0
Sacré Cœur in the distance which is in the Montmartre district where we are staying. Also look at the amazing rooftop garden on the building in the foreground.
Heart 3 Comment 0
The gang at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. The inscription says her lies a soldier French soldier who died for his country, 1914-1918.
Heart 1 Comment 0
A closer view of the tomb.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Tim in front of the Arc de Triomphe.
Heart 2 Comment 0





Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0