Day 3: Marshfield, MA to South Dennis, MA - From Boston to Provincetown (with a pit stop) - CycleBlaze

July 14, 2019

Day 3: Marshfield, MA to South Dennis, MA

Our Sunday started with a lazy wake up and packing everything up into Rachel's car. Immensely appreciated the pillows and comfort that she had brought along. After that we got going to Panera and got some breakfast and coffee. Collin got a call from Rachel and apparently we had taken the car keys with us so Vic and I chilled while Collin biked back a couple miles to bring them to her. We were proper underway around 11.

Heart 0 Comment 0

Once we reached Plymouth we hopped on a small gravel path that would take us for a few miles and within seconds Vic's rear wheel popped. Had a bit too much weight on his racing bike wheels. We didn't have any extra tubes or patches so we cut up an old Wegmans shopping card to cover the hole but needed to make it to a bike shop so he could get a proper fix.

Heart 0 Comment 0

After that we continued onwards and crossed the Sagamore bridge into Cape Cod around 3:30. We stopped at a burger place in Sandwich and guzzled some beers and burgers. The good news was that I managed to make contact with Rob Mullen, a family friend who lives in South Dennis that would gladly put us up. The bad news was that South Dennis was still 20 miles away and the burger and beer was sitting heavy. Vic was feeling unnaturally energetic and went on ahead, finishing the 20 miles within an hour. I followed up behind him and Collin rolled in a few minutes after. 6A along Cape Cod kind of sucked for biking along. Not much of a shoulder and a decently busy road. Regardless, we were there, we were eating some delicious food that Rob made for us and some beers by the beach. Nice evening.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Map of our route

Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 59 miles (95 km)
Total: 85 miles (137 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0