Day 1: Boston, MA to Marshfield, MA - From Boston to Provincetown (with a pit stop) - CycleBlaze

July 12, 2019

Day 1: Boston, MA to Marshfield, MA

Getting out of the city

Collin picked me up from my apartment in Allston around 1pm with my bike and we drove over to his girlfriends house in JP. She would be meeting us Marshfield that night to camp with us and spend the day in Marshfield at the Levitate music festival. I was a little nervous to get started but definitely looking forwards to it. We got the bikes packed up and Vic met up with us and we were heading out by around 2:30pm after some burritos.

A few navigational mishaps from me as we started headed out of the city but we finally got on the right track. Before we were even through Dorchester it started to drizzle and then pour. As we crossed the Nepsonset bridge into North Quincy it started really bucketing down. We were on a pretty crappy busy road and my Komoot app didn't seem to be looking for any back roads so I switched to Google Maps and finagled a bit before we were able to find some back roads. 

Riding through Wompatuck State Park was pretty beautiful and were starting to see a few hills which was fun. We stopped to check out camp sites but as expected they were all full up with Levitate festival-goers

Continuing our ride we decided to stop at an Irish pub in Norwell named The Tinker's Son. Got a big ol' burger and some beers that were very satisfying after a soaking, chilly ride. From there it was only a couple more miles to Stetson Meadows where we had heard tales of some sort of campground. When we got there we realized it was a graveyard. Literally a cemetery. There were some trails so we set out to try to find where the "campsites" were and weren't altogether too sure about the legality of what we were up to. Vic found a trail leading to some open space and there was a tent set up so we decided we had found the spot. It was a little sketchy but we felt ok about it. We set up our tents a bit offset from the main space and settled down to a lovely sunset over the North River.

Sunset over the river
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

Rachel joined us later that evening and brought some beer and pillows and we settled down for the night nice and cozy.

Today's ride: 26 miles (42 km)
Total: 26 miles (42 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0