Epilog - Grampies Go By The Books Summer 2014 - CycleBlaze

July 31, 2014

Epilog

Well, it's the day after, and we are coping with jet lag and "Readjustment Blues" , though nothing on the scale of what John Denver was singing about in his 1971 classic. No, for us, it has just been a matter of waking up at 3 a.m. (noon in Germany), and later making a visit to our local grocery store.

The piles of cottony bread were hard to look at, as was the packaged cheese, and final bill - which seemed about double what it might have been in Germany, despite the euro exchange.

Our friend Tracy stopped by, and mentioned that she was thinking about the walk to Santiago de Compostella, in a year. Immediately we started planning it for her. The travel bug must still be in us! Well yes, in fact, the next one will be within the month. We will call it something like "Grampies Go with the Grands: Avi and Violet on the Willamette River". Watch for it soon on Crazyguy.

Also coming, to this page soon, will be statistics of By the Books - such as cost by expenditure type, and breakdown between nights spent camping and nights lounging in guest houses.

FLASH

We decided to put the Willamette aside for now and to with to Sidney to Sooke - on Vancouver Island. The blog for that already has several pages. It is called "Grampies Go with the Grands: Amelia, Avi and Violet on Southern Vancouver Island. Click on the blue link to have a look at it!

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0