Toronto Flight: Air Transat Flight from YYZ to PRG - Dobrý den: A Bohemian Foray (Tour 15) - 2015 🇨🇿 - CycleBlaze

August 10, 2015

Toronto Flight: Air Transat Flight from YYZ to PRG

Comfort Hotel, Rexdale, ON, CAD$104+tax

YYZ Airport - Air Transat flight TS700 16:50

It was a loungey morning since the flight is not til this afternoon. We sorted our bikes and luggage. The nice thing with Air Transat is that they take the bike unboxed and for CAD$30 per flight, and also include a heavy shipping bag. They seem to want cyclists' business! So, with a few things strapped to my Dahon Speed TR, I sit here in the hotel awaiting the 11:30 am shuttle to Terminal 3 where we'll drop the bikes then seek out the airport lounge for a meal and some celebratory drinks.

The shuttle came, we checked in at 12:30 pm so were free of the bikes. We went to the awesome lounge for the afternoon til it was boarding time. Furthermore, this lounge has views out onto the tarmac so we could watch planes come and go.

We were supposed to board at 3:50 pm but were a bit late; supposed to leave at 4:50 pm but were delayed an hour due to violent thunderstorms. In Montreal we were supposed to remain on the plane but everyone got off, we boarded a new plane and were off around 8:15 pm. Despite the delays, we were told we'd be on time to Prague - at 9:30 am!

The meal was fine but the seats were so bad it was incredibly uncomfortable all night. Very hard to get some proper sleep. Though I love traveling, sitting zombie-like in an uncomfortable plane seat is not amazing. I look forward to tomorrow's arrival!

Safely tucked into the room with cycling shoes nerdily dangling from the frame.
- Toronto, Ontario
Heart 0 Comment 0
Waiting to dump the bikes at yyz.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Incredible amount of rain in Toronto today. Hard to believe it is 36 C in Prague and they are in the midst of a drought.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0