A Day Wandering Old Prague: On a really hot summer day - Dobrý den: A Bohemian Foray (Tour 15) - 2015 🇨🇿 - CycleBlaze

August 12, 2015

A Day Wandering Old Prague: On a really hot summer day

U Zeleneho Jalovce, Prague

Of course, my sleep pattern was messed up - I'm not yet on local time. I went around the corner for a couple of take-out Americanos which were awful but got rid of the caffeine headache.

Shortly afterwards, we headed out, stumbling into the astrological clock as it struck 10 am. Lots of people around - the clock is wonderful as are the surrounding spikey spires - in all their gothic-ness.

MA has looked up La Botega di Finestra on Platnerska, so after getting a bit lost, we found it. The cappuccinos were phenomenal, as was my fresh fruit and yoghourt combination and MA's eggs benedict. We'll come back again before we head home.

Back outside, the temperature slowly climbed to 36 C so the going was tough. We walked along the river, crossed the Charles Bridge and around the other side of the Vltava River. It was so hot that we were drenched in sweat - so stopped at a restaurant for a drink. Once again, the beer was really smooth. I had a CAD$2 dark ale; MA had a CAD$10 mojito (we were cheated on the mojito).

Too hot to continue, we came back to our room to cool off and upload a few photographs to Facebook before going over to the Tesco for some snacks, for now and in the morning when we leave the city on the bikes. Trying something different, we got some paprika-flavoured potato chips and some prosciuto-flavoured potato chips. The former were delicious.

For dinner, our plan is to go to U Tri Ruzi (brewpub and restaurant) to have a beer and late supper, followed by either an evening walk to the Charles Bridge or an organ concert in one of the nearby churches.

Not wanting to waste our Prague time, we headed to the astro clock and around the gothic spires of Church of our Lady before Týn before crossing the Vltava River to take photographs of the Charles Bridge and Prague Castle in the twilight. On the Charles Bridge we must have taken another fifty photos before wandering through to the astro clock.

MA started to get hangry and with my stomach bothering me, that seemed to put her over the edge. Now furious with me, she stomped around looking for a restaurant. At 9:30! We went into the brewpub on the corner but with no drink menu, she got angry and left. There were other places on the street but instead, she called me names, and stomped back to our room.

We have a 70 km day tomorrow. It's going to be 36 C. And she wants to search all night for a restaurant. I'm not sure that I can physically tour with her. Sadly, at this moment, I just want to go home.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0