Biking to a Concert - Poking Around South of the Border - CycleBlaze

March 6, 2022

Biking to a Concert

The Swing Kittens

Palm Desert has some amazing hiking and golf, so we amused ourselves with those outdoor pursuits for a few days.  Then it was back on the bikes.  Trust me on one thing, biking is much, much less frustrating than golf!

The hiking here is outstanding, and very, very different from what we are accustomed to at home.
Heart 3 Comment 0

It was another good neighbourhood explore on our bikes. The roads here are so wide and the bike/golf cart lanes are everywhere. We suspect this infrastructure is more about golf carts than bikes but no matter, it works. In the middle of the ride we stopped for a free concert at the city park by the Swing Kittens from L.A.  They were great and it was absolutely dreamy to be stretched out on green grass in shorts and a jersey listening to live music.  The approach to the park had some of the most outstanding bike infrastructure we have seen anywhere. The park itself is worth a visit as well. 

Outfits and songs from the fifties.
Heart 1 Comment 0

We finished the ride with a swing uphill (there isn’t much of that here) towards the Palms to Pines highway, culminating in a wonderful descent at the end of the ride. The ride up Palms to Pines is a favourite workout here from what we can see. Keith took us up through neighbourhoods and then we came down the highway which has a wide bike lane. 

There is a wall of bougainvillea approaching our accommodation and I swoon every time we go by. The colours here are amazing.

Isn’t this absolutely astonishing?
Heart 5 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 40 km (25 miles)
Total: 85 km (53 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0