Layover day! - British Columbia 2019 - CycleBlaze

July 27, 2019

Layover day!

Here it is 8:30 PM and I'm just thinking about the journal. We slept in and ate crummy motel breakfast. Lunch was popcorn at the movie theatre. We saw Once Upon A Time in Hollywood. We had momentary confusion when we needed cash at the theatre. We had enough for the entry and Jim loaned us $10. so we could buy our popcorn lunch. The movie was medium good and the popcorn less than that . . . but it killed the afternoon. Afterwards Jacinto went for a walk to find the farmer's market (he didn't). I added a lodging list to this journal and the Utah journal. Then we went to the adjoining Thai Bistro for dinner. We had mixed reviews on that food. We went across the street for a DQ Blizzard for dessert.

We discussed tomorrow's route. The direct route is 25 miles and 2,700 feet of climbing. Jim thinks it will have less traffic. The longer route is 41 miles and 2,600 feet of climbing - the climbing has a gentler slope. This is one time Jacinto is planning on the shorter miles because he thinks overall he will have a better workout.

My big accomplishment for the day was washing Jacinto's long fingered gloves. I had washed mine following Genny's soaking method and been slightly disgusted at the water color. Jacinto's gloves produced the same results - brown water that lessened in color with each change of water.

We finished off the blueberries and are working on the cherries. Jacinto is still carrying the scalloped potatoes from New Denver. They aren't green yet, so they must still be good.

We are planning on a leisurely departure in the morning, as it's a fairly short mile and light climbing day.

Jacinto saw these raccoons while taking a walk. They didn’t pay him any attention.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0