We Begin our Train Journey Back to Limburg - All Roads Lead to Italy - CycleBlaze

September 26, 2017

We Begin our Train Journey Back to Limburg

Our wee room at the B&B hotel required that we be organized...one person at a time in any one area...but it served us well. The staff were a bit overwhelmed by the instant success of this hotel as it is sold out every day.  Today we will take the train to Munich and then Treutchliengen where we have booked a guesthouse.  The next day, we will be back in Limburg and reunited with our friends for a final visit before flying home.

Here is our tiny room at the B&B Hotel. Since Salzburg, we have been struggling to find reasonably priced accommodation and vacancies, and it has gotten worse as we have gotten closer to Munich. This hotel is brand new and only open for a month. It has been full every day since they opened - we can see why as it is super quiet, comfortable and very reasonably priced.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The area around the hotel is still under construction. The railroad is right next door, in fact our view was of the mountains and the rail lines. You can see a blue and yellow train in the background which is the one we will take to Munich for the first leg of our trip. The hotel has excellent soundproofing. You can't hear the trains even though they are very close
Heart 0 Comment 0
Inside the Rosenheim train station
Heart 0 Comment 0
The first leg of our journey is on a train to Munich. From there we transfer to a train to Treuchtlingen. We are going to stay in Treuchtlingen so that we can break our train trip into two days of travel
Heart 0 Comment 0
We met this couple from Finland on the train to Munich. They were on an extended car trip through Europe and were taking the train into Munich.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Oktoberfest is on in Munich and the train station was very crowded with people going to the beer fest. One of the reasons we didn't stay in Munich was because the hotel prices were so high because of Oktoberfest. The neighbouring cities' hotels have also increased their prices.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The cheaper versions of traditional Bavarian clothing
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Octoberfest began for these guys on the train.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our second train was very old. We had three steps to climb with bike and a small area for the bike. The conductor was doubtful that we should board, but we were able to convince him that our bike would fit. It helped that we were the only bike in the train car. We visited with Patrick, who is from this area. He taught Latin and other subjects in school. He got off in the city of Ingollstadt,where Audi cars are made.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Mary Ellen is crazy about maps. Here she is following our train journey on a map of train routes in Bavaria
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our accommodation in Treuchtlingen. Being situated directly on the Altmuhl Cycle Route, the guesthouse is full of cyclists We have a spacious room - one of the walls is half timbered and the large front room inside the house is storage for the bikes - very nice.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We went to an Italian restaurant for pizza, salad and beer. It brought back memories of our travels in Italy and the pizza was delicious.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The view from our room at the guesthouse. This city is on the Altmuhl-Radweg bike route that goes from Rothenburg on the Tauber River to Kelheim on the Danube River
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0