Three Train Trips and a Bike Ride to Get Back to the Farm - All Roads Lead to Italy - CycleBlaze

September 27, 2017

Three Train Trips and a Bike Ride to Get Back to the Farm

The guesthouse where we stayed in Treuchtlingen dates back to the 1500's. What a treat to stay in a building with so much history evident in the walls around us.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Many amazing antique items on the walls and shelves. Barry thinks this is called a blunderbuss.
Heart 0 Comment 0
No wonder these buildings are so quiet and well insulated - look at the depth of the wall.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Oh, the history in these walls.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our host at the guesthouse was very welcoming to us and our bike. When we asked her about storage for our bike, she told us that Seavo would have a room in the house. We thought that it was a language barrier, but we discovered that she wasn't kidding. Inside the entrance, a large room has been designated as bike storage for guests...and that is a first in our travels.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Radler Wilkommen (Bikes Welcome) and we are in Family Friendly Bavaria (Familien Freundliches Bayern)
Heart 0 Comment 0
We had dinner here last night - a yummy touch of Italy in Germany. We enjoyed hearing the staff speak passionately in German with Italian accents.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The most welcome sight to a bicycle traveller - level access with wide double doors. Yesterday, we had a very different situation, a single door with steps to climb....ugggh.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Buster is looking a bit wistful, as are we, that our trip is soon coming to a close. But it's okay, we'll be back.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Buster has become a happy traveller on this trip. He has settled in to enjoy the view on our last train journey of this trip.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We are thinking that Wednesday must be a big day for field trips as this is the fifth group that has joined us on the train.
Heart 0 Comment 0
And then they all get off at once - a quiet train until the next school group gets on. This is an example of how good bike travel on trains can be.The entire entire train car is allocated for bikes and it is very easy to get on and off the train with a tandem.
Heart 1 Comment 0
And then they all get off at once - a quiet train until the next school group gets on. This is an example of how good bike travel on trains can be.The entire entire train car is allocated for bikes and it is very easy to get on and off the train with a tandem.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Sand sculptures in the Limburg market place
Heart 1 Comment 0
Limburg is a wonderful city to return to. We had about an hour to wander around the old town in Limburg and have Italian gelato icecream before meeting Georg.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Georg met us at the train station after his commute from Bonn. It was wonderful to see him again. We rode back to the farm with him.
Heart 0 Comment 0
After three months we are back at the Reitz Family farm
Heart 1 Comment 0
Back on the farm - we have come full circle. This has been an extraordinary trip riding through 5 different countries, seeing extraordinary things and meeting interesting people.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
You're back! Where have you been?
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 23 km (14 miles)
Total: 2,849 km (1,769 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0