Riding Into the Heart of Bavaria - All Roads Lead to Italy - CycleBlaze

September 23, 2017

Riding Into the Heart of Bavaria

We had considered staying in Salzburg last night, but the prices were out of sight and due to a festival, accommodation was difficult to find. One day we would like to return here and tour a few of the sights. Being lovers of classical music and Mozart - we owe it to ourselves to come back. 

As. a result, we carried on to  to Freilassing  and had an extraordinary experience. The further we rode, we began to realize that there was no accommodation available, except for Gasthof Moosleitner which we had stopped in our way by.  This hotel is exquisite, but we were intimidated by the price and we rode on. Once we gave up and returned, we asked them for advice on where else we could stay in the area. Without asking for a reduction in price, we kindly told them that their hotel was beyond our budget - to which they offered us a significant reduction, including breakfast...as were cycling. Wow!

Our spacious room at Gasthof Moosleitner. Seavo has a room for the night as well.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We love these porcelain heating features in European homes and hotels.
Heart 1 Comment 0
What a lovely place to stay.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The owner of the Gasthof is also an avid cyclist. It was good to share stories and ideas for routes.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We are in the heart of Bavaria.
Heart 1 Comment 0
This type of pole featuring the various businesses in town are typical of Bavaria.
Heart 0 Comment 0
What a lovely home - also liked the vines growing along the wall of the barn.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This is clearly a dairy farm.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our friends in Germany also have Eicher tractors. This photo's for you Justus and Georg.
Heart 0 Comment 0
It feels odd to be on level terrain - but it is beautiful nonetheless.
Heart 0 Comment 0
a Bavarian brewery - oh yes, we do like these.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Going to work in traditional Bavarian dress.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Corn is not for human consumption in Germany but is used for feed for the cattle.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Toni is turning 60 years old - congratulations.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We do enjoy taking photos of sheep - we couldn't have arranged them better if we tried.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Oh, that feels good. Nothing like tree bark to fix an itch.
Heart 1 Comment 0
So many bike routes to choose from. Mozart Radweg and Schmankerl both sound enjoyable.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Charmaine RuppoltThanks for mentioning these other bike routes! I'm checking into them online. :)
Reply to this comment
7 months ago
Heart 0 Comment 0

We are staying at Hotel Pfaubrau in Trostberg - and we love it here. When we think of Bavaria, this is the type of place we dream about. The hotel has its own  centuries old Brauerai (brewery) with excellent beer, and a restaurant with homemade Bavarian food.  For us, this is outstanding, plus we find the hospitality genuine and warm.

We are back in Bavaria and the beer is excellent... wheat beer- hefe weizen
Heart 0 Comment 0
Roast pork and bread dumplings - food like this is one of the many reasons we love Bavaria.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 56 km (35 miles)
Total: 2,769 km (1,720 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0