Exploring Erfurt by Bicycle - All Roads Lead to Italy - CycleBlaze

July 16, 2017

Exploring Erfurt by Bicycle

We had a quiet but busy day getting jobs done in our little apartment.In the afternoom we went for a bike ride to explore Erfurt. Sunday shopping is not allowed in Germany. The streets were very quiet. A  perfect time to explore the city by bike.You just have to keep your eye out for the trams that quietly travel throughout the city.

An enthusiastic young lad who had the same idea as us to explore Erfurt on two wheels.
Heart 1 Comment 0
A statue of Bismarck
Heart 0 Comment 0
The shops in Europe often have an identifiable image on the store front - here the wise owl (sitting on his book) tells us that he is watching over his bookstore and the shoe with a crown tells us that a shoe maker/store is below.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Another man suffering in his burden of holding up an architectural detail of the building - immortalized in stone and plaster. We love these quirky details.
Heart 1 Comment 0
At the Stadt Museum (City Museum), the doors seem to be really short.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A whimsical sculpture in the river.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Wera River with pots of flowers advertising a garden park north of town. We wondered who waters them.
Heart 1 Comment 0
So many waterways in the old town, we loved this view.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Unterwegs, an outdoor store in Erfurt. We really enjoy getting out and riding without our full load of panniers and trailer.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Loved this detail of the carving of a man supporting the window above.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Putting Seavo to bed after a fun day of exploring. We haven't shared with Seavo that tomorrow we will be shoving him into more trains. We hope that the type of regional trains we travel on will be kind to Seavo and us!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Dinner in our apartment. We like to self cater as much as we can on such a long tour.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 15 km (9 miles)
Total: 215 km (134 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0