Another Day in Nuremberg - All Roads Lead to Italy - CycleBlaze

August 12, 2017

Another Day in Nuremberg

Staying in Nurnberg to sightsee has been a good idea. We like the neighbourhood where we are staying at Hotel Azimut - the rooms are very spacious and comfortable, more like a suite. We can walk to the middle of town to the historic core and we are just a few minutes from the castle.  It is always a bit of a dance to find the best rate for a hotel. When we checked in at Azimut Hotel,having booked directly with the hotel, the rate was discounted and very low. When we decided to stay longer and have two full days here, that meant we would need a total of 3 nights. For the second night, the rate rose considerably, so we booked our second night through Booking.com. And then for the third night, the rate doubled and there was no way to reduce the price, so we decided to change hotels. Plus the internet was deteriorating the longer we stayed. Free wifi is great but only if it works.
Today, we are eager to see more of Nurnberg and we are going to have a tour on our bike. Finally, the rain has stopped and it is a good day for a ride. 
But first, we want to visit a bike shop, Pedalkraft, that sounds like a good shop. We have been having trouble with the front chain coming off the chain ring and we can't figure it out. 
Pedalkraft is located in a well restored half timber building directly on the Pegnitz River. The shop lived up to its reputation and the owner checked our chain and was able to tighten it by adjusting our idler. Earlier in Bonn, the rubber tube on the idler that covers the chain had broken off, and he rigged up a creative solution using spacers to create a new and better idler guide. 
We enjoyed the parks along the river - very bicycle friendly.

We are ready to move on to the next hotel in Nurnberg. We have liked it here, but not enough to pay the higher price. And now for a bike tour to explore a bit more.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We are ready to move on to the next hotel in Nurnberg. We have liked it here, but not enough to pay the higher price. And now for a bike tour to explore a bit more.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Thank you for your help and time on a busy Saturday. A subtle photobomb by his mechanic in the background.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Nurnberg has many charming homes and buildings like this.
Heart 1 Comment 0

The river Regnitz is an important part of the city and its history. We love the historic bridges and buildings that line the river as well as the beautiful parks with great places to ride.

Heart 0 Comment 0
A picturesque series of bridges along the Pegnitz River. Nurnberg really has it all - many parks, history that you can see and visit, beautiful buildings and statues, great ice cream and food, friendly people...
Heart 0 Comment 0
We can't seem to get enough of the beauty of Nurnberg and its bridges and rivers.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Looking at these buildings, you can imagine life here centuries ago.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
We liked the detail of this roofline and the distinctive turrets that are so common here.
Heart 0 Comment 0
These bridges could tell interesting stories, if only they could talk.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Fellow tandem riders, Ron and Tina, who live here in Nurnberg. They had been curious about our tandem and we had a wonderful time chatting with them. Happy travels to them as well.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This fountain is the most extraordinary and at the same time bizarre one that we have seen. It has so much character and detail.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We checked out some outdoor stores here, but the only thing we bought was a small kettle at an electronics store, Saturn, to use for coffee since we are staying at hotels.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0