A Steep Learning Curve-Our E-Tandem Stops Working! - All Roads Lead to Italy - CycleBlaze

July 12, 2017

A Steep Learning Curve-Our E-Tandem Stops Working!

We wanted to ride back to Pacak's bike shop to see if the spokes on our new rim needed tightening. We had a great ride through the countryside.

Pacak's new bike shop in Elz.
Heart 0 Comment 0

 After visiting Pacak's shop we came back to our bike. We rode down the street a short distance and all of sudden the system shut down. We took it back to Pacak and he had a look. Unfortunately his mechanic who is the expert with electric bikes was on holidays. Cora took a photo of the display and sent it via email to Akkurad.
Jurg had a look at the photo and said that the sensor and magnet on the rear wheel was out of alignment. Jurg talked Cora through the process of adjusting the sensor. It works much like the magnet and sensor of a bike computer. Unfortunately if the sensor is not working the electric system will not work. 

Cora getting instructions from Akkurad on how to adjust the sensor. She worked hard and was successful. We owe you ice cream Cora!
Heart 0 Comment 0

Before we knew what the problem was we thought that we would have to transport the bike back to Akkurad and postpone our trip. Adding to the frustration was the fact that we had non-refundable train tickets and a hotel booking for Erfurt. Fortunately it all worked out and we headed back to the Reitz family farm to a delicious dinner prepared by Cora. Where does she find the time?

Four kinds of German sausage. The long one is a smoked sausage, the smallest is the famous sausage from Nuremburg and the other two are coarse and fine sausages.Yum! The smoked sausage was cooked with the carrots and potatoes.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Chocolate chunks, whipping cream and Avocat liquor. Trust us, it is even more yummy than it looks.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cora and Clara love this cake with extra Avocat
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 38 km (24 miles)
Total: 171 km (106 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0