Smithers to Prince George - Cycling Away the Pandemic Blues - CycleBlaze

September 8, 2020

Smithers to Prince George

Today willl be the final leg of our journey with the UHaul. Smithers is half way to Prince George from Rupert...about 350 km to go.

We will be sorry to leave this lovely hotel. Incredibly outfitted, comfortable and quiet...we have had a great stay here.  

We appreciated the upgrade to this lovely room. The paintings in the room were of the Smithers glacier
Heart 1 Comment 0
Smithers is surrounded by beautiful mountains and lakes. The ski resorts are very popular here.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

After Smithers there was a lot of construction. As a result the shoulder was eliminated and the top level of pavement  had been removed. This went on for over 60 kilometres. It would have  been a very challenging bike ride.

Not sure what this construction was about, but it was extensive.
Heart 0 Comment 0
After Smithers the scenery became more rolling and less mountainous
Heart 0 Comment 0
Moose country. We stopped at a rest area to make our picnic lunch and were rewarded with this outlook.
Heart 3 Comment 0
The landscape is changing to ranch land bordered by mountains.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Burns Lake area
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Burns Lake has become a centre for mountain biking
Heart 1 Comment 0
The best coffeehouse/bakery in Burns Lake.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We’d like one of each pastry please! We chose a cinnamon custard pastry to share with excellent Americanos and Chose carrot cake to take to share with Mary Ellen’s sister.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The cinnamon bun and coffee were amazing. We enjoyed visiting Burns Lake.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Charmaine RuppoltWow, that pastry is HUGE!
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
In the North there are many excellent German restaurants and bakeries. As soon as we saw the sign with the familiar words: Backerei Kaffee Haus, we knew we had to stop.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Charmaine RuppoltHow nice that there are many German restaurants and bakeries in the area!
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Loaded logging trucks and freight trucks rumble through the Main Street of Burns Lake.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Farm land near Vanderhoof
Heart 0 Comment 0
Getting closer to Prince George
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0