Quesnel - Cycling Away the Pandemic Blues - CycleBlaze

September 22, 2020

Quesnel

We have stayed a second night in Quesnel to figure out a plan for the rest of the trip. Sadly, Screamer continues to be without  consistent e-power, the weather is not the best and  yesterday’s ride humbled us with the toll it took on us. We are questioning ourselves. We know we are capable riders... after all we have ridden without a pedal assist motor for most of our riding lives. Yet,  we (and our knees and backs) are getting older.....and our tandem is super heavy this trip as we are carrying 2 batteries to extend our range, plus our trailer and ourselves. At this time of year with more rainy, windy weather in the forecast,  and with the route we have chosen which requires  longer distances than we want to do without a motor, we have thrown in the towel and are getting a U-Haul to complete the journey.  

Fall is here. Quesnel’s flower lined streets add to the appeal of its downtown area.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Granville Cafe is a very popular place to gather for great coffee and home cooked food.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lunch at Granville - Dukhobour Borscht Soup and sandwiches. If you eat it here, it is made onsite, including the dill pickles and the bread. Yummy.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Love this poster at Granville Cafe.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Believe it or not, we didn’t have room for dessert...and for Barry not to have a butter tart, is saying something.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Social distancing, the Quesnel version.
Heart 2 Comment 0

We will miss riding the rest of this route....we are always happiest riding a bike rather than driving...but it feels like the sensible solution.  Since it is a one-way rental, we get the truck for 3 days and are given extra mileage without penalty, so we can take our time and enjoy the scenery and towns along the way.

Quesnel is a good place to stay a second night. There is much to enjoy here.  Much care has been taken by the city to make it inviting and attractive with lovely parks, flowers planted along the roadways and a vibrant downtown core with unique shops, locally owned.  Quesnel has achieved a sense of community within its core, which is enhanced with plaques and a walking route celebrating its rich history.

We have enjoyed our stay at the Quality Inn.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We are in Gold Rush country and Billy Barker is immortalized by this hotel in Quesnel. We like that even he is wearing a mask during COVID times.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Gold Pan greets visitors at the train station.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 0