We Explore the Other Direction on Lake Bracciano - Italy Bound with our Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

October 12, 2015

We Explore the Other Direction on Lake Bracciano

We awoke to another beautiful warm day. Weather reports from Germany sound cold and rainy with a possibility of snow. Today we will have sunny weather with a high of 26 C.
We have decided to explore in a different direction today and head towards Trevignano Romana and it turned out to be the right choice. Trevignano Romana is another exquisite spot on Lake Bracciano.
We know that during the hot summer months that this must be a crazy place. But today, the late fall temperatures are in the high 20's, the sky is blue and it is a perfect day for a bike ride. It is a sleepy day along the lake - just us, some lizards, swans and a few day trippers from Rome. It couldn't be a better way to spend this day during our last week in Italy.

The walkway along the waterfront of Trevignano Romana extends for miles.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Take out lunch along the waterfront - this small pizzeria had some of the best pizza of the trip. Roasted eggplant/pepper, spinach and sausage, mushroom and calzone with prosciutto/mozzarella.
Heart 0 Comment 0
And of course, fresh gelato from the Gelateria next door. Chocolate, hazelnut for ME and nutella/hazelnut for Barry.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This lizard also came out for the sun and the view.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Quite a pretty lizard - great colours.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The new section of the walkway extends for a long way. Here the shore is protected with rocks, but much of the way is edged with a sandy beach. People were swimming today. Darn, we sent our suits back to Germany when the weather got cold.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A happy Barry on his bike - already the relentless hills and crazy Italian drivers are a distant memory.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Trevignano Romana has a small historic centre and ruins of a fortress, but is mostly comprised of modern homes.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
We love the entrance to our campground with the magnificent cacti -some of which are now flowering.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our bike is now ready to be picked up and delivered to Georg and Cora's home in Limburg,Germany.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 22 km (14 miles)
Total: 2,089 km (1,297 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0