We Are on our Way! - Italy Bound with our Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

July 31, 2015

We Are on our Way!

It's a conundrum.....we feel that we have travelled enough to know how to pack and to do the prep for leaving our house, etc. But, this year, we really struggled to make decisions and finish packing. Part of the problem was that we constantly second-guessed ourselves in the quest to decrease the weight and volume of our load. The concept of pulling unnecessary weight when we ride over the Alps has motivated us to make some changes. We have been able to cut some pounds, but it still feels heavy.
Our neighbour, Jean kindly offered to give us a ride Ito the ferry. It's a beautiful day to make the crossing to the ferry terminal near Vancouver. We will stay overnight and then fly Friday to Iceland.

Thanks Jean for taking us to the ferry. See you in 3 months!
Heart 0 Comment 0

Staying at the Days Inn in Richmond was a good choice - reasonably priced, super quiet and breakfast included. We are pinching ourselves that we are finally on our way.

Travelling from the Gulf Islands to Vancouver and then flying all night is exhausting. We have learned to break up the journey with a stopover before our flight.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rested and eager to take off.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Iceland bound on Icelandair!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0